The Complete Software Developer’s Career Guide: How to Learn Programming Languages Quickly, Ace Your Programming Interview, and Land Your Software Developer Dream Job
Technical knowledge alone isn’t enough – increase your software development income by leveling up your soft skills
Early in his software developer career, John Sonmez discovered that technical knowledge alone isn’t enough to break through to the next income level – developers need “soft skills” like the ability to learn new technologies just in time, communicate clearly with management and consulting clients, negotiate a fair hourly rate, and unite teammates and coworkers in working toward a common goal.
What you will learn in this book:
- How to systematically find and fill the gaps in your technical knowledge so you can face any new challenge with confidence
- Should you take contract work – or hold out for a salaried position? Which will earn you more, what the tradeoffs are, and how your personality should sway your choice
- Ever notice how every job ever posted requires “3-5 years of experience,” which you don’t have? Simple solution for this frustrating chicken-and-egg problem that allows you to build legitimate job experience while you learn to code
- Is earning a computer science degree a necessity – or a total waste of time? How to get a college degree with maximum credibility and minimum debt
- Coding boot camps – some are great, some are complete scams. How to tell the difference so you don’t find yourself cheated out of $10,000
- Interviewer tells you, “Dress code is casual around here – the development team wears flipflops.” What should you wear?
- How do you deal with a boss who’s a micromanager. Plus how helping your manager with his goals can make you the MVP of your team
- The technical skills that every professional developer must have – but no one teaches you (most developers are missing some critical pieces, they don’t teach this stuff in college, you’re expected to just “know” this)